Weekly Update - 5/16/22
Good Afternoon AXL Families!
1) There will be no school on Friday, May 20th, for a staff mental health day (this is new to the calendar). There will also be no school on Monday, May 30th for Memorial Day.
2) Our T3 Expedition night is this Thursday, May 19th from 6-7:30pm. This is a family event. Scholars should not be left unattended nor should be left after school. We will have our lost & found bins by the front for families to retrieve lost items.
3) T3 SLCs will be on June 6-7. Sign-ups for SLCs have been sent home. Please reach out to your scholar's crew leader if you do not see this soon.
4) Future Events:
May 13 - No School (Professional Development Day)
May 18 - Board of Directors Meeting @ 5:30pm (zoom)
May 19 - T3 Expedition Night @ 6pm
May 20 - No School (Staff Mental Health Day)
May 24 - Father Mentor Program Kick-off (free pizza) 6-7pm
May 30 - No School (Memorial Day)
May 31 - June 1 - 8th Grade Passages
June 2 - 8th Grade Graduation
June 3 - Last day of school PK-7 & Field Day
June 6-7 - Trimester 3 SLCs
5) There is a Board meeting on this Wednesday, May 18 at 5:30pm. All are invited to join:https://axlacademy-org.zoom.us/j/84319249345?pwd=eW4yR0JUR2VFQzdaUklNN3o5ZU5sQT09
6) Calling all Dads and father-figures! Join Mr. Tonk on Tuesday, May 24 for a kick-off mentor program from 6-7pm. Join AXL Academy for free pizza and the opportunity to join in our new mentor program for dads and father-figures. Many of our scholars could use additional support from positive male role models. Be part of our community and give back in a powerful way that can work around your schedule to positively impact AXL scholars. Learn more at our meeting on Tuesday, May 24.
7) Registration for the 22-23 school year for YMCA opens on July 11. To register:https://www.denverymca.org/programs/youth-programs/out-school-time-care
8) HealthOne is offering Intensive Outpatient Program offerings throughout the summer. To learn more, contact HealthOne at 844-556-2012 to learn more about the programs. The programs serve adolescents ages 11-17, adults and women specific needs through group based therapies. We are in-network with most all major insurances including Medicaid & Medicare. To learn more:
COVID Update as of 5/16/22:
Positive Case(s): 1
Non Positive Quarantined: 0