Weekly Update - 4/4/2022
Good Morning AXL Families!
1) State Testing is still underway. With that, it is very important for scholars to be on time (7:45am), in attendance, well rested and prepared. The state test, CMAS, is for grades 3-8.
The CMAS test informs our overall rating with the state. This rating also impacts our ability to remain open as a public charter school. Our goal is to remain in performance status.
2) Our in person Talent Show will be THIS THURSDAY (April 7) at Gateway High School. Our list of participants can be found on Class Dojo
There is a mandatory dress rehearsal on Tuesday, April 5 immediately after school for all participants. This should take around an hour.
4) Future Events:
April 7 - Talent Show @ Gateway High School
April 25 - No School (Professional Development Day)
April 28 - Multicultural Night @ AXL Academy
May 13 - No School (Professional Development Day)
May 30 - No School (Memorial Day)
June 2 - 8th Grade Graduation
June 3 - Last day of school PK-7
June 6-7 - Trimester 3 SLCs
5) 9News Health Fairs are back! These fairs offer you affordable (and free!) health screenings and opportunities to learn how to take care of your health, every day of the year.
Health screenings- especially affordable and convenient ones- are vital to maintaining good health. Many major diseases go undetected because they show no signs or symptoms.
For more information:https://9health365.org/healthfair-locations/
6) Calling all 8th Grade Families! Ms. Malin is looking for baby pictures of your scholars for the 8th Grade Graduation. Please send a digital copy to email@example.com or send a physical photo to be copied (and returned back to you).
7) There will be a Tornado drill on Friday. We are required to practice many drills throughout the year and this is one of many we practice in the school in case of an emergency.
8) There will be a COVID Vaccine clinic here for Multicultural Night (April 28) along with $100 Gift Cards for anyone aged 12+ who gets their 1st or 2nd dose of the COVID Vaccine. (while supplies last)
9) Middle School Parents - here is an important letter from our Dean regarding Teen Vaping in Colorado.https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sa_7b3Jl_JAAJXhjk1fur_V6e-76IaAHXmN_JqfS16k/edit?usp=sharing
COVID Update as of 4/4/22:
Positive Case(s): 0
Non Positive Quarantined: 0