Good Afternoon AXL Families,
As the governor issued a state of emergency for all of Colorado regarding COVID-19, we wanted to update our families regarding important information.
1) We will be following all state and local experts and authorities regarding exposure, quarantine and/or any preventative measures. We continue to follow the guidance provided by the Tri-County Health Department, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as related to COVID-19 and other illnesses. We are in constant communication with our nurse from Children's Hospital and will send home any additional information as it becomes available.
2) School closures are still too early to determine. We again will be relying on experts and leaders for if/when this needs to happen to protect all students and staff. AXL Academy has been working diligently to ensure school can continue to operate remotely for families in the event the school should need to shut down for COVID-19.
3) We have ordered additional disinfectant for our school but, as always, are happy to accept any donations of unopened disinfectant or alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
4) Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment lists the following for what you can do:
As with other respiratory viruses, we recommend people protect themselves and others by practicing everyday actions:
+ Clean hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
+ Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing.
+ Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
+ Stay home if you are sick.
5) For a quick update of facts and additional information, please visit the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment's website: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/2019-novel-coronavirus
6) Information will be sent through similar channels like a snow day: Class Dojo, the website and our app.