2/14/22 - Weekly Update
Good Afternoon AXL Families!
1) Save the date for SLCs (Student-Led Conferences) on Feb. 25 & Feb. 28. Sign-ups are going home with your scholar to sign up for a slot to meet with the crew member. There will be no classes during SLCs.
2) Reminder: there will be No School next Monday for Presidents' Day but we will be hosting an Open House from 1-2 for prospective families. Our annual lottery will be next Wednesday.
3) Masking at AXL Academy - at this time we are still under our mask policy as passed by our Board of Directors which states all scholars and staff in the presence of scholars must be masked at all times. The Board will review the current masking guidance from Tri-County at our next Board meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 16 at 5:30pm. All are welcome to attend. There is a section at the beginning for public comment. To join the board meeting: https://axlacademy-org.zoom.us/j/89379747387?pwd=REtiWHFBcVlITkFCUXZXZDMrUkRRUT09
4) APS has notified us the Parent Portal through Infinite Campus is currently down for Android users. They are working on a fix.
5) Future Events:
Feb. 21 - No School (Presidents' Day)
Feb. 21 - Open House for prospective families
Feb. 23 - Annual Lottery for incoming families
Feb. 25 & 28 - T2 SLCs (Student-Led Conferences)
March 7 - Secure Perimeter Drill
March 11 - No School (Professional Development Day)
March 14-18 - No School (Spring Break)
6) Want a free sweatshirt for your scholar? Submit a testimonial for us to feature on our website about why you are at AXL and what you love about the school. The first 25 to submit these to email@example.com will receive the free sweatshirt for your scholar. Be sure to include the size of the sweatshirt and the scholar we should send the sweatshirt home with.
7) When shopping on Amazon, please shop via AmazonSmile! AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to AXL Academy.
Now available on the Amazon App! Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu (☰). Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
If shopping via a web browser, please select “AXL Academy” as your charity of choice.
8) Save the date! We are hosting a Chipotle fundraiser on 3/1. More information is coming soon.
COVID Update as of 2/14/22:
Positive Case(s): 0
Non Positive Quarantined: 0
16% of scholars fully vaccinated